Saturday, November 3, 2012

Dicks Be Gone!

Normally I'm not as much of a feminist/feminazi, but I have a friend who has been blowing up my phone ranting about her stupid husband and I'm feeling like some inspirational chick music might make things better. Hold onto your balls boys, this is my Chicks Not Dicks Mix.



1. Stronger - Kelly Clarkson (b/c it's mandatory to add KC to any femme based music compilation)
2. Single Ladies - Beyonce (my guuuurl Beyonce be fierce)
3. Part of Me - Katy Perry (love me some Katy)
4. Blow Me - Pink (she's pretty much always angry about something)
5. You Outta Know - Alanis Morissette (the goddess of 90's chick rage)
6. Smile - Lilly Allen (the music video is priceless, I don't care what you think)
7. Bad Reputation - Joan Jett  (she inspires badassery)
8. Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescence (I had to)
9. Because I'm Awesome - The Dollyrots (I don't need you cuz I'm neat-o and I beat you cuz I'm awesome!)
10. Just A Girl - No Doubt (Gwen Stefani is hot...js)
11. Ignorance - Paramore (it felt right to add)
12. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor (or the Cake version if you prefer, I almost always do)
13. Think - Aretha Franklin (also mandatory to add Aretha to any femme based music mix)

I feel like I probably left some gems out, but I am le tired, so fuck it.

1 comment: