Wednesday, December 5, 2012

X-Mas Mix

I'm not sure why, but this year, I'm hating Xmas music. I've never been especially keen on the holiday, but I've never been all that bothered by the music. Yes, it's the same every year, but whatever. But this year, my ears are in revolt. So here's some Xmas music I've decided I don't hate because it's not the average radio fare. Some of the songs are anti-Xmas, and some are awesome covers. Oh, and I'm not adding links because that takes way too long and I'm lazy. Look them up yourself.


1. Christmas Celebration - Weezer
2. I Will Be Hating You For Christmas - Everclear
3. Fairytale of New York - Florence Welch and Billy Bragg
4. Last Christmas - Jimmy Eat World (cover of the Wham! song)
5. Please Come Home For Christmas - Fiona Apple (Think she only did this at a concert, but love her voice)
6. I Won't Be Home For Christmas - Blink 182 (sorry Fiona)
7. Yule Shoot Your Eye Out - Fall Out Boy
8. Christmas Sucks Song - Arrogant Worms
9. Elf's Lament - Barenaked Ladies with Michael Buble (Green Christmas, the Grinch song, is also entertaining)
10. Don't Shoot Me Santa - The Killers (hahaha, seriously, watch the video)(I Feel It In My Bones is also good)
11. The Anti-Christmas Carol - Joss Stone
12. Santa Baby - Everclear
13. The Christmas Waltz - She&Him (from 'A Very She&Him Christmas' the hipster xmas album of choice)
14. Xmas Cake - Rilo Kiley (very depressing, but beautiful, as all Rilo Kiley songs are)
15. Meri Kuri - Weezer

And here's a bonus vid of Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt singing a New Years Eve song.


No comments:

Post a Comment